dimarts, 3 de desembre del 2013

The Four Churchwomen of El Salvador


“The challenge that we live daily is to enter into this mystery with faith. Am I willing to suffer with the people here, the suffering of the powerless, the feeling impotent? Can I say to my neighbors – I have no solutions to this situation; I don’t know the answers but I will walk with you, search with you, be with you …The front line is real and hard, though at times it has a peaceful face. Yet I see it as an opportunity to become more human, more Christian, more dependent on the Lord, my community, and the people placed in my life right now.” -Ita Ford

On December 2nd, 1980 Ita Ford M.M., Maura Clarke M.M., Dorothy Kazel O.S.U., and Jean Donovan were murdered by death squad operating under orders from the Salvadoran government. The four came to be known as “The Four Churchwomen of El Salvador.”

This beautiful icon is the work of Lewis Williams, S.F.O.

Rebut a través de Support our Catholic Sisters

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada